Welcome to our career page! Firebrand Technologies is a software and technology service company for the book publishing industry. Firebrands wear many hats, are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, and embrace the never-ending technical challenges in the book industry with enthusiasm and a sense of mission.
Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation benefits, or sponsor visas. US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, but we are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Please, no agency responses; they will be summarily deleted.
Director of Technology, Chief Engineer
NetGalley.com is a vibrant community of book recommenders and publishing professionals. Our user base of 175,000 users is growing exponentially. We are currently the market leader in providing ebook distribution and marketing channels for upcoming books. We operate in 4 countries and are looking to expand further internationally. Our company is part of Firebrand Technologies and there are opportunities to work across divisions to create shared technical services and products.
We need a Director of Technology for our existing product who will play an integral role in defining and launching future products and is an experienced architect. Ideally, you're a technologist and full-stack developer with experience building and deploying large-scale/large-data web applications. Experience building social applications, and a keen interest in connecting business needs to data analytics and new features is essential. Our team is remote, but many of us are based around NYC. We’re looking for someone to start immediately and with panache. A love of books, writing and reading is a huge plus, as the business of book publishing can be a messy one.
This job is for someone who is organized and process-driven but creative.
• 5-10 years recent experience in hands-on software design and coding of web-based products
• Expertise in PHP 5.3 and experience with a MVC framework (Symfony is ideal)
• Expert at front end engineering (HTML5, jQuery, CSS3)
• Experience building event-driven applications with AJAX and JSON
• Understanding of HTTP and server-client interactions at the protocol level
• Expert at knowing and/or discovering cross-browser limitations and workarounds
• Experience using MongoDb with both PHP and Node.js
• Bonus if you have strong knowledge of Node.js and the Express framework
• Experience in evolving existing frameworks to new platforms? Additional bonus
• Outstanding verbal/written communication skills, especially with non-technical team members. Patience talking it through to get to the right answer. Sense of humor a must.
• Committed to producing top quality, well designed and flexible software using an agile development approach, working closely with product manager to manage resources.
• Smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive working for a small company.
• Competitive compensation package
• Generous medical and dental benefits/plenty of paid vacation
• Work from your home office (you do have a home office, right?)
• Work with a group of truly amazing and creative people
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Perform a variety of tasks related to computer programming, with specific responsibility for the following:
- Converting project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language for our Title Management software;
- Developing and writing computer programs to store, locate and retrieve documents, data and information;
- Testing any and all changes made to the software to verify that the changes do no interfere with software operation and that changes meet the outlined specifications;
- Making changes for any problems that clients might encounter on their web based software.
Interview and job site in Newburyport, MA.
Any applicant who is interested in this position may email email@example.com