SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Newburyport, MA)
Firebrand Technologies (www.firebrandtech.com) is a software and technology service company for the book publishing industry.
We are currently seeking a Support Specialist for in our Newburyport, MA location.
Use customer service, communication and problem solving skills to solve inquiries from Firebrand Technologies customers.
* Work as a support team member utilizing technical skills and product expertise helping to resolving customer product issues.
* Ability to log and respond to customer support requests via phone, e-mail, and web interface.
* Exhibit a commitment to customer service while building customer partnerships.
* Successfully understand and triage customer issues, conducting any necessary technical research (code review, database queries, etc) or team collaboration.
* Communicate technical product and solution expertise to internal and external customer.
* Provide updates and case statuses to customers and management.
* Act as product technical liaison between support and development teams.
* Fully document all case interactions and author Knowledge Base solutions.
* Expertly utilize support tools (gotomeeting, Netsuite, etc) to expedite case resolution.
Familiarity with MSSQL is preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with customers is required.
Work will be performed at our office in Newburyport, MA.
We do NOT offer relocation benefits, or sponsor visas. US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b
candidates at this time.
Please, no agency responses, they will be summarily deleted.
eBook Architects, a service of Firebrand Technologies, is the leading provider of eBook development and consulting in the U.S. We are looking for a Project Liaison to join our team in Austin. The Project Liaison works with the Project Manager to provide top notch customer service to our clients while ensuring that files and information are being properly tracked and managed. Proactive, detailed planning and a commitment to quality are essential.
This team member spends the majority of time on the following duties:
- Interacts with clients, answering their questions, offering the best solutions for their needs.
- Assists the Project Manager with email, phone, and other communication on a daily basis.
- Gathers project assets from a variety of sources, including FTP servers, email, and web.
- Verifies the information in our project tracking system, ensuring that projects are being properly tracked and that statuses are up-to-date.
- Assesses priorities of the production queue, and recommends adjustments as appropriate.
- Assists in administrative management of major accounts as needed.
- Takes responsibility for the management of dozens of projects and clients at once.
Click here for more information.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER: Part- to full-time position
NetGalley.com is a vibrant community of book recommenders and publishing professionals with 140,000 members and growing exponentially. We are currently the market leader (and first to market) in providing distribution and marketing channels for Advance Reader Copies (ARCs) of upcoming books.
We need a senior software engineer who will execute on the development pipeline for our existing product and play an integral role in defining and launching future products. Ideally, you're a technologist with experience building large-scale/large-data web applications. Experience building social applications is ideal. Experience with PHP and Symfony is a must.
Our team is remote, but many of us happen to be based in or around New York City. We’re looking for someone to start part-time, with the potential to move to full time quickly as work progresses.
Click here for more information.