Firebrand Technologies is a software and technology service company for the book publishing industry. Firebrands wear many hats, are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, and embrace the never-ending technical challenges in the book industry with enthusiasm and a sense of mission.
Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation benefits, or sponsor visas. US citizens and Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, but we are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.
Please, no agency responses; they will be summarily deleted.
C# .Net Developer
Firebrand Technologies is currently seeking a developer to help expand and maintain our growing suite of products in a fast-paced agile work environment in our Newburyport, MA office. In this role you will report to the Director of Development and be a part of a talented development team working closely with the system architecture and QA teams. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of Firebrand Technologies.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work on multiple projects as assigned by Director of Development
- Communicate status of projects
- Work closely with the system architecture and QA teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years experience
- Knowledge of C# .Net and SQL Server
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of web services and protocols, MVC, PHP, and AngularJS are a nice-to-have
Compensation and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Work will be performed at our office in Newburyport, MA. Occasional work from home is a possibility once the team is comfortable with your independence and work ethic.
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Firebrand Technologies is looking for a team-oriented Software Quality Assurance Specialist who understands the critical nature of manual, regression, and automation testing and makes every reasonable effort to achieve expectations and/or provide acceptable workarounds. Effective communication skills and the ability to adjust to changes and handle multiple tasks will be essential to your success in this role. The position is located in our Newburyport, MA office. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of Firebrand Technologies.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Uncover, document, and track product defects
- Design, write, and execute test cases using established test design techniques
- Build and monitor test environments
- Log status into tracking software
- Act as product technical liaison between support and development teams
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Ensure that releases adhere to a high standard of quality
- Coordinate with internal departments to deliver seamless services to external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- 2 years experience in software quality assurance and testing
- Familiarity with MSSQL
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex relationships and configurations and summarize results clearly
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to quickly learn a robust software application
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with automated end-to-end test frameworks such as Selenium, Protractor, or similar is a plus
- Experience with Agile development practices including Scrum and/or Kanban is a plus