TITLE MANAGEMENT FOR MANUFACTURING
Track manufacturing specifications, cost estimates, and purchase orders by title and printing. Easily and quickly create Reprints based on a titles printing history. Create and maintain historical records for each component of a manufacturing process. Manage your company's resources by analyzing data to find strategic sourcing opportunities.
BENEFITS OF TITLE MANAGEMENT FOR MANUFACTURING
- Firebrand offers the most extensive and powerful purchasing system available for book publishers
- Reduce the total cost of ownership due to use of disciplined purchasing practices
- Improve productivity using templates, pre-defined reports, and efficient practices
- Find Printing History at the click of a mouse. Eliminate time spent at file drawers searching for answers
- Reduce costs by minimizing print run waste (i.e. increase inventory turns)
FEATURES OF TITLE MANAGEMENT FOR MANUFACTURING
- Component Based Specifications including Print, Bind, Jackets
- Specification Sheets for dozens of components
- Cost Estimates
- Paper Assignment
- Purchase Orders
- P.O. Batching
- Common Forms
- Gang Runs
- Vendor Management
- Printing History
- Title Profit & Loss
- Custom Programming Available for Accounting Interface
SAMPLE USE SCENARIOS
- A publisher currently creates all of its purchase orders in MS Word, then has the information reentered into its financial and warehouse systems. The information is essentially unstructured in Word, and the specification, costing, and other production information cannot be easily utilized by other departments.
The publisher implements Manufacturing as a means of capturing, repurposing, and leveraging the value of information entered into a real publishing purchase order management system.